Lyla Patyrak

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 4, 2011

Let's Go Rangers!

If you know me, you know I have ALWAYS love the Texas Rangers! I have been a fan for as far back as I can remember. Of course, since I played 2nd base, I have always taken a particular liking to 2nd base players. Alfonso Soriano, Mark Texiera (before he became a Yankee) & of course now, Ian Kinsler. However, one of my favorite players of all times is Rusty Greer (even though he didn't play 2nd base).

The reason I share this, is that the Rangers are also what brought my husband and I together. Well, my dad set us up, but it all started on April 5, 2006 at a Rangers game. I don't have any pictures from that particular game, but it is safe to assume that the first date went well since we are now married.

Then, on April 21, 2007, I went to the only Rangers game in which I hardly paid attention to the game. That is because when we got there before we went to our seats, the man of my dreams proposed romantically next to a hotdog stand. HA! Then, when we did make it to our seats, 25 of our friends and family were there to surprise me. I was indeed totally surprised!


My mom, niece & nephew trying to keep the secret on the way to the game.


I just saw everyone in the stands!


Fireworks to end a fabulous evening!

We go to a handful of Rangers game each year. The year following the proposal, we got a bunch of ticket offers because Danny had bought a group of tickets. Also, my parents have friends that have season tickets and they offer them to us sometimes when they can't go.

Last year, since opening weekend coincided with our 2nd anniversary, we made a weekend of it. We took a tour of the stadium (which ended up being just the two of us) and then went to the game on Opening Day! SO FUN!


Danny & I in the Rangers dugout right before we each got an autographed baseball. I got Michael Young and he got Josh Hamilton!

Then, we got really brave! We decided that we would take Bevo to dog day at the ballpark. It was so HOT! But, we had a great time!


Our family at Dog Day 2010

Much to the surprise of teams around the country and the excitement of Rangers fans...not only did my team make the playoffs, but they made it all the way to the World Series!!! Thanks to an amazing father-in-law, we got to go to one of the games.


Michael & I tailgating before the game.


I've got my antlers ready!


Danny & his brother with the claw and antlers!


Danny & a hotdog...don't think it's kosher!


Even Elvis was there!


About to go into the ballpark. We may not have won the World Series, but it was such a great experience!

Now, here we are in the start of a new season and the Rangers swept the Boston Red Sox in Opening weekend. Well, tomorrow, April 5, 2011 is our 3 year anniversary...5 years from that first date. And guess where we're going??? That's right, we will be at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington cheering on the Rangers!

So, LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Staci!! I am so happy I got to be a part of the engagement and your wedding!! Happy 3rd Anniversary!!

    Love you guys!!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete