Lyla Patyrak

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Better Off Than The Scarecrow

"If I only had a brain" was what instantly popped into my head while sitting at the doctor's office last Friday. We had recently caught the end of The Wizard of Oz, so it wasn't that far fetched. The reason you ask??? Well, we were just able to see what looked like a little cocoon in a dark space on the screen and the sono tech told us that the dark spot in that cocoon was in fact the brain of Baby Patyrak! That's right, come early December, the Patyrak family will grow again. Of course, my sister-in-law takes the prize of family expansion before me since she will be delivering twins in October...BUT, since her last name is Steele, we will take the credit for Patyrak expansion. Of course, it is too early to know whether the little cocoon will be a boy or a girl, but everyone weighing in so far has predicted girl. Only time will tell. For now all I know is that something so small can wreak havoc on the system. From the time I get home from work, to the time I go to bed, you can find me laying on the couch comfortably next to Bevo. Bevo doesn't know what is ahead for him, but he is sticking close by me so that he doesn't miss a minute.

Much more to come, but for now we at least know that Baby Patyrak is better off than the scarecrow...and the Tin Man for that matter as we saw the heartbeat.


See what I mean about a cocoon?

2 comments:

  1. Yay Baby Patyrak! I can't wait to meet him/her. P.S.- My vote is for a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! this is the most wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete